Saturday, August 28, 2010

ouch

It has been an interesting week here. K-Stillz came over on Thursday for a visit. Though she didn’t cry when she saw my apartment she did smile at her surroundings for a good twenty minutes and got rather giddy when I showed her our park. We went to a restaurant not too far away from us for the first time. The food there was really yummy. For some reason I always get wraps when I go out to dinner and I’ve never once had one I liked. They’re normally packed with something like mayo that triggers my gag reflex. So again I got a wrap but this one was really good. It was filled with guacamole and the outside was slightly crispy. I plan on going back about once a week.

I’m kinnda bummed out. Earlier in the week I had an interview for a nanny job. I went to the family’s house, talked to the mother, and played with the baby. The conversations that we had went really smoothly. She liked that I had so much experience babysitting and that I worked with kids at my last job. The little girl warmed up to me really fast. She took out her barrette and let me put it back in… a privilege she didn’t allow her mother. She also sat on my lap and had me read to her while I was answering her mother’s questions. Just to put the cherry on top, she started to cry when I left. I honestly can’t imagine a better interview. The mom said she had interviewed a few people and that I was the top pick. That’s why I was so surprised that she didn’t call me back when she said she would. I don’t understand what I could have done differently or what other type of experience I could have to get the job. Hence, I’m bummed out.

Also, my computer screen cracked.  Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment