Saturday, August 10, 2013

updates

Fall is rapidly approaching E.L. Potato and I are all moved in to the new house down the block, we signed up for some fall softball, and are gearing up for a new school year (vomit).
The new house is great.  It has more than enough space for 2.5 inhabitants. The basement has a ping pong table and the second bedroom is being used as Potato's closet/shared office space/exercise room. My level of general stress and anxiety has deflated greatly probably due to the fact that we're no longer living with roommates. My roommates weren't bad but they didn't like helping with chores or doing their dishes. Naturally, this lack of help got old and left me in a constant state of moodiness. Another thing that has been good about the move is that Potato and I can have nice things. I don't know if other people feel this way, but I've always felt that if something broke while I was using it I would be upset but would get over it. But if something that I liked broke while somebody else used it I'd be furious and resentful. I'd end up thinking about all the times I had used the item and it hadn't broken and then wonder what the hell was wrong with this person that it broke on them. This isn't really a fair way to look at things but I don't think that I'm alone in this line of thought. So anyway, I got some nice things that I am excited about.
Potato and I subbed for a softball team a couple weeks ago. I didn't actually want to play but I was told the team would forfeit if I didn't help out. So we played and won. After the game we were told that since we won, it was going to be a double-header... WTF. We played the second game and won that too.  We both played pretty well. I was at 1st base for both games and only let one ball pass me on a horrible throw. I hit pretty well to the gap between the infield and outfield and got on base almost every time. So anyways, since we did so well playing, we were invited back the next week for the championship game... which they would forfeit if we didn't play. By the second inning in the championship game Potato and I had a combined 3 muscles pulled and a busted knee. I sat out after a replacement came in the 2nd inning. As I sat on the bench, whimpering, I contemplated how much I hate getting old and how exercise is overrated. Regardless, we'll be playing in another league soon that will only be double-headers. Believe it or not I'm not excited about it.
My second class this season is wrapping up next week. I got a fair amount of work that has to be done before that 8am deadline but I've been having trouble sleeping so it shouldn't be hard to find time to get it done. Next semester I'm taking some good classes including photography, wheel throwing, and painting. At the moment I'm most nervous about painting. It's something that I've never really gotten into. I think I've done less than 5 paintings in my life. Considering how many art classes I've taken, that's kinnda shocking. As far as photography goes, I'm excited to learn how to use my camera. I feel weird having this fancy thing that I have no idea how to use. I'm hoping that wheel throwing will just come back to me - like riding a bike. But we'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment