Sunday, January 20, 2013

tidbits

I have the same first and last name as a girl at my school.  I keep getting emails from her sorority telling me about who I have in secret santa and who the new officers are.  At first I thought it was really interesting because I had never met another person with the same name as me - but now it's old.
I didn't get much sleep last night because at 1AM the power lines behind our house started sparking like crazy.  There was a big wind storm and every time there was a large gust the the thing would start popping like a firework.  The first time I saw the light I thought it was lightning but then I realized that there was no thunder.  The second time I was convinced that somebody was playing with magnesium, the way Moose and I used to (kids still do that, right?).  Anyways, I ended up calling 911 and had the fire department come out and looked at it.  They watched the beautiful display of flashing blues, greens, and whites for a moment and then told me to call them if anything actually caught on fire.  I must say, they were far more pleasant than the EL police and had a much better response time.

No comments:

Post a Comment