Monday, January 16, 2012

I've always been outspoken advocate against running.  I'd often whine about how it's not fun and people who say they like running are lying to themselves.  Nobody likes running.  It's horrible and playing sports is a better exercising outlet. Oddly enough, Potato and I have started running together.  I guess it started because I was getting to the point where I needed to buy new pants if I didn't lose weight.  I didn't actually care about the number the scale said or my body shape.  I've always been pretty comfortable with myself.  It's because I'm a cheap ass that I started running.  I like new clothes but I don't like spending money on them.  A great deal of my clothes are from high school.  I'm actually wearing a sweater and socks that I've had since 8th grade at the moment.  I won’t get into the details about my underwear... you get the idea. So buying new clothes simply wasn't an option. 


I imagine it is just as painful to watch us run as it is for me to physically do it.  Potato easily could walk next to me but he putters alongside doing the "knees glued together trot." I always hear people saying if they don't get their daily run in they feel guilty and like mush.  I'm actually starting to agree with them.  I still am horribly slow but I've gotten better about distance.  Yesterday on our run I was terrified of falling due to the icy roads.  I tiptoed for a mile rather than actually jogging.  But I still felt good about doing it.  I've lost weight and it shouldn't be long until my pants fit comfortably again.  

In other news, Macy's kept me.  It's funny; I didn't really want the job. So, naturally I nailed the interview (I'm a total freak when I'm nervous - I give off the crazy vibe).  I haven't decided what department I want to be in yet.  Everybody says you can make a lot of money in shoes... but I'm not at that point.  I know I should be rewriting my resume and applying to other places but it's hard to get started with that again.  I feel depleted.  The motivation for job searching again isn't coming as naturally to me as it usually does.  I'm hoping that being underemployed will wear thin soon.  I know I would love a full-time job.    

At the moment I’m saving money for a good camera.  I figure as long as I’m in E.L. I might as well be working on my jewelry.  I think I’ll prefer jewelry parties to selling online but that isn’t going to be enough living here.  It’s time to suck it up and get online.  I’ve stalled long enough.  

No comments:

Post a Comment