Friday, April 15, 2011

Long time no blog

It's hard to blog when you have a dog that likes to sit on your hands and computer as you type.
I don't want this to turn into a dog blog but I can't help mention a few things about Bug as he has become a a big part of my life.  I'd say that overall he's a pretty good dog.  He initially barked a lot at other dogs and people but is getting much better at that with training.  Also he has been pretty good about not peeing in the house (however, yesterday, he ironically peed on a roll of paper towels).  He is learning how to play fetch.  At first he would just run to his toy and look at it and then you. I should mention that I thought this was really amusing and was debating teaching him that this is how fetch is played but Potato didn't like this idea.
Bug had a pretty good meet-and-greet with the family last weekend.  He was very cuddly with everybody and he even broke a few hearts.  I was a proud mama.

It has taken me more than I expected to really love Bug.  I think this is because he's not fat.  I prefer my dogs to be fat and stupid looking.  Slowly but surely, I'm starting to fall for him and his dumb dances and odd ears.

So a couple of weekends ago was April Fools day.  I don't often pull pranks for this holiday but this year I faked an engagement to Potato on Facebook.  For the record, I texted both mine and Potato's parents before  changing my status.  I was shocked to see how many people commented/called/texted me about it.  The best by far was Uncle Lar, in typical Uncle Lar fashion, calling Pops at work to find out the details.  In second place was DStillz saying that he hoped it wasn't to Potato.  By the end of the day I felt pretty bad about tricking so many people and so many people that I hadn't talked to in years.  I tried to tip people off by posting a ridiculous engagement ring but it didn't seem to help.

 My response to most of them was "I'm 24-years-old.  I'm not getting married."  But to be honest, that excuse sounded a lot better when I was 23...

Potato and I went home last weekend for his birthday/to do my taxes.  Friday we went to the Sox game with a huge crew.  Saturday Potato went to a friend's football game and followed it up with drinks at The Rail with friends.  

FYI - I've been listening to La Roux - I'm Not Your Toy on repeat this whole time.  I'm a horrible roommate.  

1 comment:

Pmac said...

that picture of Bug makes me anxious-but then again, what doesn't?

Post a Comment